Here is one method for making a Carpet/Blanket from old sarees:
- Several old sarees in different colors and patterns
- A large piece of thick, sturdy fabric (such as canvas) for the base of the carpet
- A sewing machine
- Cut the sarees into strips of varying widths, depending on the desired look of the carpet.
- Pin the strips of fabric to the base fabric, arranging them in a pattern that you like.
- Sew the strips of fabric to the base fabric using a sewing machine, making sure to sew close to the edge of the strips.
- Continue adding strips of fabric and sewing them in place until the entire base fabric is covered.
- Trim any excess fabric from the edges of the carpet.
Note: This is a basic guide for making a carpet from old sarees, you can get creative and come up with your own designs or patterns as well.
It is always a good idea to refer to pictures of saree borders for inspiration and guidance.